Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Apple Banana Cranberry *ABC*


I love simple recipes, both in food and in ceramics. If I could make this work with fewer ingredients, why should I try to figure out one with a long list?
Here we go, this is one of my favorate recipe, ABC; apple banana cranberry muffins, and is pretty healthy.

Apple Banana Cranberry muffins

Cake flour (I modified this to cake flour:all purpose flour 1:1) 2 cups
B. powder 1 T
B. soda 1/2 t
salt 1/4 t
sugar 1/2 cup
egg 1
milk 1 cup
butter, melted (I substitute with other kinds of vegetable oil) 1/4 cup or less
apple (I prefer granny smith) 1
banana, very ripe (not on original recipe) 1 optional
cranberry (not on original recipe) 1/2 cup optional

oven temperture, 385 F
sieve through first 4 ingredients, set aside
peel apple, cut in cubes
beat sugar, and egg till foamy
add milk and banana, continue beating, till banana is smooth
mix in all dry ingredients, oil, apple and cranberries
bake 20-25 minutes till golden brown

makes 12 muffins






No comments:

Post a Comment